My friend Ray C. recently had a post on his blog about design books that are more practical than theoretical. I’ve been obsessively collecting books from which you can learn to design since I started working. No one taught us typography in architecture school and certainly no one taught us how to run a business.favoritebooks

Subscribe to comments Comment | Trackback |
Post Tags:

1 Tweet

Comments ( 7 )

These look good. I saw How to be a graphic designer without losing your soul, is it good? And someone else recommended to me the Muller-Brockman book. And… I want to get the Grid Systems Raster Systems book, just for the cover.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Ray added these pithy words on Feb 25 09 at 3:27 pm

How to be a graphic designer without losing your soul is very good. The successful habits one is crap, really. Mueller-Brockman is god if your idea of the universe is highly ordered.

sidney added these pithy words on Feb 25 09 at 3:31 pm

my universe is highly un-ordered, which is why I think I need that book…

oh yeah… nice site and re-naming… kudos!

Ray added these pithy words on Feb 25 09 at 3:42 pm

Nice collection!

Andy Polaine added these pithy words on Mar 20 09 at 1:46 am

Nice collection of practical design books: http://tinyurl.com/dfbwb8

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

apolaine added these pithy words on Mar 20 09 at 1:46 am

Mapping Graphic Navigation Systems has been such an inspirational book back when it first came out and even today, it is still one of the better info/diagram books. I used to look at this book and Soak Wash Rinse Spin by Tolleson Design side by side.

Oliver added these pithy words on Oct 15 09 at 1:02 am

It’s one of the best in the RotoVision catalog for sure.

sidney added these pithy words on Oct 15 09 at 5:22 pm